Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 7, 2023

I/7ab Early Libyan project begins

I'm not sure how far along I can get with this project. Caesar's minis don't have a great match to the 3.0 edition list. But I do have spare LCh components for the b list, and I swapped sword wielders for javelin bearers today. Many years back when I first began this kit, I added grey stuff cloak/garments to some Atlantic Egyptian clubmen so those are ready.
Washed and on strips but Caesar plastic has once again nobbled my normal thin base coat. I'll have to experiment with paint plus varnish.

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing how you do these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any advice on prepping the base coat will be welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always used a layer of Liquitex acrylic gesso as the base coat for Caesar figures.

    ReplyDelete