Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 16, 2023

bench update 16 April 2023

Good intentions but very little progress. I found the base varnish left a lot of bare patches, meaning either my detergent wash was not good enough, or the varnish-paint-water balance was wrong, or both. So I lost a good deal of time redoing that. Then I put various grey or brown base across the horses, slapped brown on spears and bows, and ended with some Night Blue on a good proportion of foot.

I have learned a bit more about the difference between iii/34 Andalusian and iii/75 berber. I don't know that it helps me with the HaT products though. I think my main hangup is how so much of the minis' costumes is cloth. And although I praised them for being easy to prep, they do feature very badly sculpted mail hauberks here and there. In summary, there are pitfalls ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment