Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Monday, April 10, 2023

Andalusian III/34 project begins 11 April 2023

So far as I can work out, this will be my final book 3 army. Of course I do have that full box of Norman foot, and any number of vaguely Slavic scrubs lying around.

Anyway, for Andalusians I splurged on not only El Cid series HaT Almoravids, but HaT Andalusians. I don't have much in the way of sourcebooks so this could end up quite wrong.

The kits are absolutely top quality, a pleasure to prep. My only quibble is that all horses are the same mixture, be they light or heavy. 

Because they were so clean, I got all the needed minis mounted on paint sticks, and base varnished, in one day. I've included enough options to cover Sicilian Muslims as well, though I'm sure the costumes are wrong. 

I decided to take the radical choice of an indigo wash. It might speed up costume painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment