Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 15, 2023

bench update 15 March 2023

Just adding a quick note on results for using superglue to fix riders to mounts.

Pretty good overall. One was not seated at all well, so I had to take it off and carve some more saddle away, but the other 11 are ok, if brittle. I went over them all with a 2nd round of glue.

I used a completely new tube, to get maximum thinness from the glue, which has to soak between the pieces.

I hope that once they are all layered over with varnish base coat the brittle nature of the join won't be a problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment