Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Friday, December 28, 2012

Even More Amorites

As those of you that live in this hemisphere know, it's been hot. Too darn hot. The just-right-to-paint light and heat of spring and early summer have gone and the days of high summer are here. Luckily for my self-esteem, the temperature dropped from Boxing Day and my motivation rose in reverse. I've had nearly 20 more "Later Amorite" foot waiting to be converted from their original Atlantic Egyptian form for... well... a month or so. This is how army building goes. I buy some elements and make them (Mitanni Chariots) then I hunt around for the rest of the army and make those (the conversions previously covered) and then I look for what can be morphed out of those. In this case it's the obvious: I planned to make "Mitanni" foot from the occupied commoners of the region, mainly Amorites. So by adding some further Amorite elements I get the Later Amorite army. This is the Later Amorite army list in DBA 2.2: 1xLCh or 4Bw(Gen) 4x3Bd 2x4Ax 2x2Ps 2x3Ax 1x7Hd or 2Ps Of these, I already have 3x2Ps, 1x7Hd, and 2x3Ax - although it may prove the Ax have to be Bd. So I have to come up with at least 4Bw, 6Bd, and 8Ax figures, with an option for a chariot general figure as well. Adding the greystuff really took the longest time. This is partly because I've been in two minds about adding armour. I've ended up by deciding that even my Blades will have no armour. So oddly enough the Hd will have the heaviest armour. Unfortunate. However! I've finally got the greystuff on, added javelins to the Ax, added shields where needed (I carved some shields down from the original, in quite a number of cases.) The base varnish, base white paint and initial flesh are all done. Yay me! There's a superstition that if you don't finish a project by New Year you are doomed to still have unfinished projects the following year. I wonder if the weather will stay cool enough to finish this army?

No comments:

Post a Comment