Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Friday, July 26, 2024

I/51 later Sargonid Assyrians

I look at this project with very mixed feelings. The Assyrians as described in one of Donald Featherstone's books (maybe wargames through the ages?) gave me the same sort of oooo! feeling that most young teens get wargaming nazi German armies. These green-sawdust based elements must date back to among the very first DBA sides I converted (circa 2010) and are directly inspired by a photo of Airfix Waterloo Cuirassiers converted to Assyrian cavalry. 
The 3.0 list later Sargonids are essentially a whole new project, barring the one element of Hd that I converted for 2.0 using Atlantic Indians. I conclude I should have bought the infantry as well, many years back when I bought the allied infantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment