Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 27, 2024

IV/16 Scots Common

Unlike my Sargonids the issue with Scots Common is not that 3.0 makes a lot of it wrong, it is two things.
1. Old ugly bases - easily fixed by rebasing, that's the point of the rebase project 
2. Overenthusiastic pikes. This is a 2.0 problem, where I added more Pk elements for 2.0 but made really long ones. I guess I was trying to cover too long a period, having Flodden in mind. Wrong! But in my defense a lot of the literature needlessly drags Flodden in.
I plan to fix both issues by throwing money at issue #2, buying more Strelets medieval levy and using those. My original Scots Common were from the pretty ghastly Army of the Wallace, full of kilts and bad poses, really a fantasy Braveheart army.
I can recycle those, hopefully, to Highlands and Isles.

No comments:

Post a Comment